Saturday, August 26, 2006

Winning the life-long lottery

On Thursday, my company had a golf tournament which was supposed to be a nice, get out of the office and do some team bonding type of event. It was sooo much fun. Everyone was very outgoing and the pro golfers were very patient with us not so pro golfers. Some of my co-workers even bought me drinks out on the golf course... I do believe it improved my swings aside from making things more fun.

Anyways, after the dinner and after the door prizes were drawn, some
of my co-workers - the more high level ones- were saying that they didn't really care about choosing a good prize even if their names were drawn first. What really got me interested was that one of the ladies said she doesn't care about winning because she had already won the life-long lottery. I was curious so I asked her what she was talking about, and she explained that her life-long lottery was finding the perfect partner. She and her husband have been together since they were 19. I have seen pictures of her 2 daughters and they are really beautiful. She gives credit to the good gene pools :) Of course, that story had my heart melting. It's so cute. I hope I get just as lucky!

I told Amber that story and she was like, "I know, my grandparents have been together for 50 years! It's sweet." And for the rest of the lunch break we gushed about finding life-long companions. :)

1 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger cyclich said...

goodluck in the lottery D !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home