Saturday, September 09, 2006

Camping in Drumheller - September 1-4

Drumheller was fun but it's not an ideal place to be camping, especially in a tent. The campgrounds are mostly for RVs and although I think we were at one of the best sites around, there was a lot of traffic going through our site, late at night and early in the morning.

The days were really hot and dry but at night it got super cold. We had to get extra blankets and sleeping bags in town. Oh and town was a 5 minute drive away and our site had washrooms and even a pool so it wasn't like we were roughing it at all.

For fun, we visited the Suspension bridge, the HooDoos, the largest dinosaur statue in the world, the Tyrrell Museum, hiked the badlands, biked in Horse Thief Canyon and ate a lot of food and listened to Amber and Jeremy sing Disney songs. Here's some good advice, don't bike in Horse thief canyon unless you're a hard core biker who would rather carry a bike through the terrain than ride or if you know this canyon well. Horse shoe canyon looks more bikable.

I think I prefer to be in the mountains than in this valley personally although I was really excited to see the badlands when we were first driving in. It's very different from what I'm used to seeing. If you know me, I prefer the shade under the trees.

For more pictures go to http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2102191255

I didn't take as many pictures as normal since there were 3 cameras present but hopefully I'll have access to the other pictures soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home