Sunday, December 17, 2006

Downgrading

I miss my car, I do. So convenient, especially for shopping and bringing home bags of new clothes or groceries. Now I ride a shopping bicycle. Also quite convenient and much cheaper but there's no protection from the weather, I can't take home bags of new stuff (maybe that's a good thing), the brakes squeak and the bell doesn't work when it rains. It sure does beat waiting for a bus though (I'm impatient when it comes to that) and I get my excercise! It takes 30 minutes to ride to work, and about 15 minutes to get home from work. Nagoya is a very hilly area but I am getting better at climbing hills and going longer distances. Maybe I will start riding my mountain bike more when I get back to Calgary. But my dear Civic, you are my number 1!

4 Comments:

At 2:19 AM, Blogger cyclich said...

hey, i havent had a car in almost 2 years now

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger kent said...

Now that is a sweet ride.

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

in the atributes of the bike you forgot that it gives you a better bum :) always a plus

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man your blog is SO cultural! I LOVE IT!!! if i ever go to japan...am just going to read all of your blog :P OR! if im on the amazing race..instead of buying a map or something..i'll just read you blog... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home