Friday, December 29, 2006

End of Year Party

Last night AIESEC held a party to celebrate the end of the year. We started off by meeting at the Nagoya station and then all walking to a restaurant (there were at least 40 of us) where we had a lot of appetizers and unlimited drinks and of course socializing. After that, some people went home and the rest of us walked to another restaurant for more food and drinks. I decided to call it quits after this second party so that I could catch the last subway home but whoever was left I believe went to karaoke. It was a fun night and I had been itching to socialize since the beginning of the holidays.

Pictures:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2097424080


On the subway on my way home though, I met a guy who actually had lived in Calgary before. I was reading "The Historian" and he asked if I was reading an English book and then we got onto talking. I told him I was from Canada and from Calgary and he said that he lived there for a while. He mentioned living in Rundle and Marlborough so that's a really weird coincidence. It was very exciting to meet another foreigner, especially one who had lived in my home town. He's been here for 5 years though so I think Calgary would be very different for him now. We swapped emails so maybe I'll get to make another network of friends. I don't usually talk to strangers but I think living in a foreign country calls for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home