Thursday, December 28, 2006

Finally, a home cooked meal!

Last night, I had the best meal since being in Japan. I was invited by an AIESECer, Miki, to stay with her for a night and her mom and grandma cooked a really tasty meal. Nothing beats a home cooked meal! We had pumpkin and sausage baked in gratin sauce, salad with bacon and eggs, pan fried salmon, rice, tofu, octopus and cucumber in vinegar sauce, chicken in teriyaki sauce (I think)... there was so much food, I think I might have forgotten to mention some! I also had endless cups of green tea, which actually was probably the thing that kept me up for most of the night.

Miki's mom took us to buy some accessories for snowboarding. That was fun, and a little tiring since there was so much stuff to choose from but at least we are now ready!

I'd like to say thank you to Miki and her family for having me be their guest. Everyone did their best to speak to me, even the grandma who didn't speak a work of English but despite that, I understood her quite well. Also, she is such a lively and healthy looking grandma! I hope I have just as much energy when I get to her age. Actually, Miki's whole family look really young, very good gene pool indeed.

1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger cyclich said...

Yummmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home