Saturday, March 17, 2007

Bento Boxes: Part 2

Shopping for a bento box is hard if you are in a department store basement and there are about a million choices for you to choose from. The store opened at 10am and right away, it was flooded with people looking to buy their lunch for the day. You can get cheap ones that come in foam boxes made to look like wood, or you could buy more expensive ones where the box is actually made out of wood and it's wrapped in a nice piece of cloth. The food is also more detailed, you get your vegetables carved into pretty things like flowers and leaves.

My bento box was a simple one that came in a foam box, but I chose one with lots of variety. I really love that wagon wheel looking thing. It's crunchy and absorbs flavour really well. Actually, I loved everything in here!
My friend chose a nicer meal that came in a two tier box. Ooo fancy. I got to keep his pink cloth though.

It's a good thing I didn't pull out my peanut butter and jelly sandwich while everyone else had their mouth watering bento boxes. And yes, that's right, peanut butter and jelly....which I found out that the interns from the UK and the States have never tried. Weird. Then I went into peanut butter and banana sandwiches and peanut butter and apple...ok so who is the weird one???

2 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger cyclich said...

haha i found that too, its really only canadians that love peanut butter.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger eLdon said...

is all that packaging one-time-use only? ... seems kinda wasteful, they look so nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home