Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Rock and Roll


The theme of this week is Rock and Roll. Why? Well, Sunday started out with me biking to the "downtown" of Nagoya which I think is Sakae. It took me an hour and it was a gorgeous day. I was really at peace with myself. On my way though, I passed an old man riding in his wheelchair and on the back of his ride, he has a sign that said, "Too old to Rock and Roll, Too Young to Die". I thought that was sooo cute.

Yesturday, I went to an AIESEC event centered on the Philippines where we made some Japanese food and Filipino dessert. There were games (Musical Chairs and a Filipino game similar to it but partners have to stand on a piece of newspaper that shrink in size everytime), presentations, and problem solving. It beat being at work - my boss is out of town and he asked the AIESEC members to babysit me for the week.

The pictures tell a better story: http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2094787971
My Cooking Group minus Mineshi

Filipino Game

Anyways, after the event, I joined Gon Chan and Seko for some tasty ramen and a Bloc Party Concert, which goes well with my theme don't you think? I haven't been to many concerts (Edgefest in Junior High, Christina Aguilera in High School - don't ask why, and Black Eyed Peas last year) so yah, this was kind of new for me. There weren't a lot of people so I got to get really close to the band. The mosh pit was small but I still got pushed around between 2nd and 5th row. It was kind of dangerous. I started out in the middle but eventually ended up on one of the sides behind some short asian girls. It was great because I was right infront of one of the guitarists who I actually made eye contact with at one point. It's just so much cooler to have someone playing the guitar and looking into your eyes. Don't get me wrong though, there were no sparks there. Anyways, the experience was really cool and now I'm excited to go to another concert! As for the music...I have to admit, I had never heard this band before but I borrowed some cds from Gon Chan to catch up.

Today, I started my guitar lessons. My boss requested that an AIESECer teach me how to play the guitar so each day I get a new teacher. Why such an odd request? I think I am expected to start playing the guitar for work. The product that I am doing testing on is an optical amplifier and I'm guessing that I will have to see how well it works with an actual electric guitar. Fun stuff. My fingers hurt though. I don't know how much playing time I can squeeze in over the next few days. But, ROCK ON!!!

3 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger cyclich said...

sounds like fun, hope u learn good, then u can do samples guitar samples for me to mix heh. u havent heard of bloc party before? they were super popular a few years ago

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still remember~

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Nice. If you need fake guitar samples, let me know, and I'll record some. Haha...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home