Monday, January 22, 2007

Strike! ... eh well not for me ...

On Saturday, I had a really busy day. First, I went to an AIESEC Preperation event for the 2 new SNs. It was intersting what was being introduced. One SN was preparing to go to Poland on an internship that is to promote Peace awareness in high school students. The other SN is going to the Philipinnes to work for an NGO which has something to do with providing support to Philipinno women who come to Japan to work in the adult entertainment industry. Aside from presentations, we also played games that challenged our knowldge about the two countries where these two SN were going. At the end, there was a lesson on shuji which is traditional Japanese writing but I had to leave early and missed that.

I went to a place called "My English Room" where the other intern, George, works. I wanted to talk to a guy there who does a lot of hiking in Japan since I was interested in doing some hikes myself. We established that now is too cold for hiking and that I have to wait until spring. So I've got to find something else to do until then!

After that, I met up with some AIESECers and we had dinner at this place where they have a set menu which includes unlimited parfaits. I had three parfaits but the guys had 5 or 6 each. Mmmm, I can't wait to do that again! We then went bowling but we had to wait for a couple of lanes. There were plenty of games to keep us busy until we could bowl. We took some sticker pictures in a picture booth, played some video games and we also played the games where you have to try to pick up a prize. I got a keychain out of that which was exciting. Then we got to bowling and I actually hate bowling but despite that I had a lot of fun. Why do I hate bowling? I just don't like the thought of putting my fingers into a really heavy ball that I have to roll across a greasy lane just to knock down some pins...but things can change. I might leave Japan loving the game!

Oh and I met the new intern Aaron from the States. He's the one on the top left corner.

3 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger cyclich said...

bowling is awesome! my brother threw out his back bowling once and had to get surgery hehe

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Nithya said...

you sound like you're having a FANTASTIC time!!!!! we are goin to calgary next month and it wont be the same without you there! miss ya!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Kaili said...

wow! looks like you're having quite an awesome time..you'll start to like bowling once you strike =) Stay warm and safe. take care Diana!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home