Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Akemashita Omedetou Gozaimasu

So it turns out that I didn't have to spend new years alone after all. Hiroko came over and she cooked me a yummy dinner and we watched "About a Boy" and some Japanese new years concert. Then we sat around talking until past midnight. We were watching the clock but we somehow missed the countdown and we forgot to open the beer. It was a simple celebration and it was perfect. I wouldn't have wished for anything different. I hope everyone got to enjoy their new years and I wish happiness and good fortune for everyone!

Thank you Adatchan for teaching me the new years phrase in Japanese...I will have to write about Takayama later...

2 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger cyclich said...

Happy New Years!!
did you see the fireworks?

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger kent said...

Happy New Year, Diana.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home