Monday, February 05, 2007

A great week-end

After bugging Yusaku to take me clubbing since I first arrived, we finally found the time and rounded up enough people to go. On Friday, we started off the night with all-you-can-eat grill and drinks. Then we walked down to Club ID and danced the night away. Cover charge for ladies was about $20 but you get 4 drinks with it. For guys it was $30. Things like this make me appreciate being a girl more. Oh, and we all got coupons for $10 off our next visit!
The clubbing experience in Japan is only a little bit different. The club we went to had a techno beat floor, a lounging floor and a hip-hop floor. On the techno-ish floor, it looked like there were regulars there because more than a few times, the people were dancing in sync, like there was a dance to the song or something. On the hip-hop floor, the new intern from the US, Aaron, kept sarcasticly commenting on the hip-hop style of wear. It was kind of dark for me to see, plus I am not 6'2 like Aaron so I didn't get much of a good view but I think I know what he is talking about. Imagine guys my height in oversized clothing. ;) Another thing about the dancing is that people dance facing the dj unlike what I'm used to, dancing in a circle with your friends.
The dancing was fun and the tequila really good. Okay, when in Japan, drink sake but tequila is my favorite! There were 5 of us who went to Club ID, 2 of us were interns, and 2 had never been clubbing before. I think we were all satisfied with the night but I know the 3 Japanese boys were super tired because they all fell asleep at the restaurant that we went to afterwards. After playing some pranks, Aaron and I left them some money for our drinks and went in search for another bar. By the time we were done, the subway was running again so we could all go home and sleep in our nice warm beds!

Pictures: http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2095846791

On Saturday I had to prepare for my Canadian Culture Presentation to the AIESECers. After that, I met up with Aaron and brought him the a cafe called, My English Room, where George, the intern from the UK works. Here, we met Japanese people who go to this cafe to practice speaking English with each other and with the foreigners who work there. It's an interesting concept, they also give Japanese lessons to foreigners so it has lots to offer.

On Sunday, I gave my presentation about myself, Canada and my time in Japan. Then the AIESECers presented to me Valentine's day and McDonald's in Japan. It was fun. The Valentine's presentation made me laugh really hard. One person explained it like this, guys try to be nice this month to girls because on Valentine's day, girls give boys chocolate. The amount of chocolate a guy receives shows his worthiness. If a guy does not receive enough chocolate, he will have to go and buy chocolate for himself to feel better. Another person explained it as a celebration in 3 ways; girls give chocolate to boys to show LOVE, girls give their male friends chocolate, girls also give their female friends chocolate. I had to ask what the difference between friendship chocolate and love chocolate and it's the price!

In Japan, there is also White day and on this day, guys have to give girls chocolate or cookies or other sweets. BUT, guys have to spend MORE money on their gift so they have to work very hard this month!

After the presentations, we went into a room that had these kitchenette stations and we all divided up into groups to make pancakes! It was really cool. I had requested for there to be pancakes because I had brought Maple Syrup with me from Canada and there was no way I was bringing it back with me. I also brought Canadian Whiskey which I still have lots of so there will be a Whiskey party some night!

To finish up the week-end we went bowling again. I think it's starting to grow on me. Someone told me that I'd start liking it after I get a strike and I think they're right!

2 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger cyclich said...

nice pics, so u gonna take me clubbing in japan?

 
At 2:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's really nice to hear that. i should have been with you guys more time for clubing, there was a meeting the next day though. anyway, let's WHISKY PARTY!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home