Friday, April 06, 2007

Back in AIESEC's hands

So my boss has decided that for my last month in Japan, I am to work for AIESEC. My work is passed onto the AIESEC members and/or the guitar club at the university because I can't play the guitar well enough to test an oscillator thingie by ear. Something like that. I am to this day curious as to why I was selected for my job. I specifically made clear that my guitar playing abilities were nil although I did make an effort to try after getting the job.

Anyways, it took me a while to find out that I had been traded in. And on my first day at my new office, I sat in on a meeting held 99% in Japanese by AIESEC staff. I think they were trying to figure out what to do with me since I was such an abrupt addition. I heard my name mentioned a few times, and they stopped once in awhile to ask me questions. That was the 1% held in English. I have worked for AIESEC for just one week and I LOVE it. I am much more busier now but I'm doing something a lot more meaningful. My tasks are 1. Help with recruitment, 2. Develop tools with the Incoming Exchange portfolio, 3. Teach AIESEC members English, 4. Work on the environmental project called "First Step".

This week I have been working on recruitment. I have been working on a presentation to be shown next week at the 3 Induction seminars. Yesturday, I helped passed out flyers to the stream of freshmen flowing into the university. It's quite funny how all the clubs move in on this steam and load up the freshmen with flyers. Never have I seen so much paper flying about.
Today, AIESEC set up a booth along with all the other clubs and we worked hard on selling AIESEC. I was tired but I think it was mostly the sun that zapped my energy. I like sunlight but find that I get irratated from it quite easily. This coming from a person who's traveling south Asia for 2 months soon. Oh dear.

Anyways, it is finally the week-end and the cherry blossoms are still a bloomin!



Pictures: http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2093682762

3 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger cyclich said...

haha you got traded in...are you going to make AIESEC a full time career?

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks a lot!
you're already helpful CEED. we're so happy to have you in club house as a member. that's wonderful!!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Les Yeux Caches said...

HAHAH that is funny...but glad you are happier...:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home